Today I am announcing that I will NOT be a candidate for President of the United States in 2020.
I thought long and hard before making this decision. There were a number of factors that I considered, including the impact on friends and family, neighborhood security and such. Some of the other factors included
* A crowded field. There are far too many people in the running right now. I don’t think the voters need another no-name-recognition individual to add to the confusion. Of course, I would stand out in the crowd (see avatar).
* Then there is all that hoopla about promises and policy. Trying to solve all our problems with sound-good, but not-always-practical (and way too expensive) ideas.
* Getting a team together. Notably, sorting through the darlings of the Party to pick a running mate who could garner votes but not outshine me.
* Money. All those boring fundraisers (please pass the hand sanitizer).
* Campaigning. Travel, travel and more travel in an era of smaller seats and less carry-on luggage. And the debates that annoy people who have their favorite television program interrupted.
Not to mention the extra hair appointments.
Not this time. No, thank you. But check back before 2024. I might change my mind.